Malik specializes in esports photography, videography, video editing, and graphic design. He has also written Overwatch and Dota articles for over 2 years for DBLTAP and other esports outlets. You can learn more about Malik on our About page.
Published at Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:12:52 +0000
Wild Rift 2.1B has been released as of March 15.
League of Legends has released Wild Rift’s final notes and balance changes with the 2.1B update a few days ago. There are three new champions, a Project Skin Line and Riot Games is reviewing the weight of lane swaps and backdoors in gameplay.
New Champions to be Released Later in the Patch
Players are able to unlock one champion through the Path of Ascension event which started yesterday, March 16.
The Unbreakable Spear, a fighter type that can deflect damage with his shield.
The Radiant Dawn, Leona is a warrior that can endure long team fights.
The Scorn of the Moon, Diana can deliver major damage to anyone close by. She is stronger than most mages because of her ability to apply shields.
Project Skin Line
This patch update brings 10 new skins to Wild Rift which will be released throughout the patch:
- Infernal Diana
- Dragonslayer Pantheon
- Barbecue Leona
- Dark Valkyrie Diana
- Full Metal Pantheon
- PROJECT: Zed
- PROJECT: Yasuo
- PROJECT: Vi
- PROJECT: Leona
- PROJECT: Ashe
New Event: Path of Ascension
The Path of Ascension is live as of March 16 and allows players access to one new champion of their choice for free. This event ends on March 29.
The following champions have changes to their balances.
Aurelion Sol was way too strong, developers want to align and balance his strength out when compared to other champions in the game.
(P) Center of the Universe
- Star base damage is now 15/21/27/33/40/47/54/61/70/79/88/97/108/119/130 from 18/26/34/42/50/58/66/74/82/90/98/106/114/122
(2) Celestial Expansion
- Base damage is now 25/32/39/46/54/62/70/78/89/100/111/122/138/154/170 from 25/35/45/55/65/75/85/95/105/115/125/135/145/165
(Ult) Voice of Light
- Cooldown is now 80/65/50s instead of 65/55/45
Until now, Soraka hasn’t been as strong of a healer and silencer when compared to the other champions. Riot decided to increase her star power with this patch.
(2) Astral Infusion
Base heal is now 80/120/160/200 HP instead of 80/110/140/170 HP
Cooldown is now quicker at 20/18/16/14s from 22/20/18/16s
The developers are making sure she can keep up with the best marksmen in Wild Rift by cushioning her base stats and rocket jump.
- Mana per level is now 41 from 33
- Mana at level 15 is now 874 instead of 762
(2) Rocket Jump
- Slow duration: 1.5/2/2.5/3s from 1/1.5/2/2.5s
Riot decided to cut back on his base stats as well as speed to help level the playing field when Yasuo players make mistakes.
- Base armor is changed to 35 from 40
- Base health is reduced to 570 from 650
- From Dash Speed 1200 + Movement Speed to 900 + Movement Speed
The developers decided to reduce his ability to destroy towers but are increasing his bomb range.
(2) Satchel Charge
- Tower destroy threshold is now 20/25/30/35% tower HP instead of 25/30/35/40%
(Ult) Mega Inferno Bomb
- Outer AoE size radius is now 5 instead of 4
- Inner AoE size radius is now 2.5 instead of 2
Item and Rune Changes
Locket Enchant: Riot has increased its price and decreased its strength to avoid excess power and access too early on in gameplay.
- Price is now 800g from 500g
- Shield Amount is now 70 to 420 (45 + Level x 25) from 140 to 420 (120 + Level x 20)
Conqueror: Riot finds that this rune is hyper-performing in contrast to others and has effectively reduced its AP and adaptive damage.
- AP per stack: 3 to 9 (based on champ level) and was previously 4 to 12.
- Maximum stack Adaptive Damage bonus: 7% (was 10%) on ranged champions
Riot has decided that backdooring is too easy later on in gameplay making it very simple to win a match. To counteract this they have made the backdoor bonus the same in the entirety of a match.
- Backdoor bonus is now 66% throughout the game instead of 66% to 33% at 18 minutes
The developers don’t deem lane swaps forcing 2v1 lanes as a healthy or intuitive playstyle. To counteract this and maintain the integrity of the game, they have changed how the game functions during the early parts of a match.
During the first three minutes:
- Solo (Baron) lane outer turret gains 90 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
- Mid lane outer turret gains 90 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
- Duo (Dragon) lane outer turret gains 40 bonus Armor/Magic Resist
During the first three minutes, turrets gain additional defensive bonuses when multiple enemies are nearby.
- Two champions in total: 10 Armor/Magic Resist
- Three champions in total: 100 Armor/Magic Resist
- Four champions in total: 200 Armor/Magic Resist
- Five champions in total: 300 Armor/Magic Resist
In order to catch toxic players and detect poor behavior during gameplay, the developers are improving chat detection. Riot has also requested that disruptive players are reported to help continue the improvement of chat detection.
Free-to-play Champion Rotation
- March 18 – March 24: Corki, Darius, Graves, Katarina, Malphite, Nami, Shyvana, Soraka, Varus, Ziggs
- March 25 – March 31: Akali, Draven, Jarvan IV, Jax, Rakan, Sona, Wukong, Xayah, Xin Zhao, Zed
Published at Wed, 17 Mar 2021 21:40:51 +0000